We need you! Volunteer Information
Texas has always had a great history of volunteerism (the Texas revolution may have ended much differently without volunteers). Be a part of Frontier Texas by becoming a Volunteer.
Become a Frontier Texas volunteer and share your time and expertise in the following ways:
- Greet: Welcome and greet visitors to the Museum; provide information and orientation to create the most meaningful visit for adults, families, and school groups.
- Docent/ Guides: Share your knowledge and expertise; Volunteer guides share stories and interesting facts that illuminate the artifacts on view at the museum.
- Events: Helping with special events can involve everything from taking tickets to being a living historian.
- All active volunteers are committed to attend continuing education and enrichment sessions. Volunteers receive a complimentary admission and invitations to sneak previews of exhibits, educational programs. In addition, volunteers are recognized at special parties and events.
Become a Volunteer- It's easy as the Texas Two- Step!
- Submit an application (available at the Information Desk).
- Attend orientation.
Open 7 days a week, the Museum offers a flexible schedule that suits the individual volunteer. All volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Contact the Volunteer Office at (325) 437-2800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miss Frontier Texas
Laura Ingalls Wilder’s 150th Birthday Celebration
Celebrate the 150th anniversary of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s birth with frontier games, activities, dramatic readings and more.
You and your kids will love what we have planned this summer!