This Month's Texana Recipe Fried Chicken with Fry Bread & Gravy
A southern staple.
24 Chicken Tenderloins (or which ever part of the chicken you want to use)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
3 eggs beaten
1 tbsp water
1-2 quarts oil (canola, vegetable, or olive)
4 tbsp flour
2 1/2 c. milk
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper, and chili powder in shallow bowl.
- Beat eggs and water into separate shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken on eggs and flour and place in hot oil.
- Fry for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown, remove and place on paper towel lines plate or try.
- Combine left over egg and flour. Mix until dough forms.
- Carefully drop dough by the teaspoon into hot oil.
- Let fry until golden brown and place on paper towel.
- Remove most of oil from pan; keep 4 tsp oil in pan.
- Add 4 tbsp flour and whisk to make a roux.
- Add milk and continue to whisk on medium heat until boiling.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
From the kitchen of Rebecca Kinnison.
Buffalo Chip Classic
Summer Camps 2017
You and your kids will love what we have planned this summer!
Laura Ingalls Wilder’s 150th Birthday Celebration
Celebrate the 150th anniversary of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s birth with frontier games, activities, dramatic readings and more.